Date: Mon. April 25, 2022
Organized by: BAYLAT, Bayerisches Hochschulzentrum für Lateinamerika
Title: “Visit of the Embassy of Uruguay in Erlangen, Bavaria (Germany)”
On Monday April 25, our Head Prof. Enrique Zuazua presented an overview on our FAU DCN-AvH Chair for Dynamics, Control and Numerics at Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg during the visit of the Embassy of Uruguay in Erlangen, Bavaria (Germany) organized by BAYLAT, Bayerisches Hochschulzentrum für Lateinamerika.
– S.E. Gabriel Bellón Marrapodi, Ambassador, Embassy of the Eastern Republic from Uruguay in Germany
– Victoria Codina, Consul, Embassy of the Eastern Republic of Uruguay in Germany
– Prof. Dr. Joachim Steffen, Chair of Applied Linguistics, Universität Augsburg
– Dr. Manuel Hertel, Deputy Head of the International Business Division, Asia, Trade Fairs, Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK) Nuremberg and middle Franconian
– Prof. Dr. Christian R. Proaño, Chair of Economics, especially of Applied Economic Research, Otto-Friedrich-Universität Bamberg
– Prof. Dr. Enrique Zuazua, Chair for Dynamics, Control and Numerics (Alexander von Humboldt Professorship), Department of Data Science (DDS), Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU)
– Prof. Dr. Karl-Dieter Grüske, Former President, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU)
– Prof. Dr. Andrea Pagni, President of the Board of Directors, BAYLAT
– Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Aldo R. Boccaccini, Member of the Advisory Council of BAYLAT and Chair of Materials Science, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
– Dr. Irma de Melo-Reiners, Executive Director, BAYLAT
– Jonas Löffler, International Cooperation and Marketing, BAYLAT
AGENDA | Mon. April 25, 2022
1. Welcoming and Presentation
3. Walk to the BAYLAT office
4. Presentation of BAYLAT
5. Presentation and dialogue
-Industrie und Handelskammer (IHK) Nürnberg für Mittelfranken
FAU DCN-AvH at the visit of the Embassy of Uruguay in Erlangen (BAYLAT)
Photo credit: BAYLAT
The Ambassador of the Oriental Republic of Uruguay, H.E. Gabriel Bellón Marrapodi, and the Embassy’s Consul Victoria Codina, visited Erlangen and the Bavarian University Center for Latin America (BAYLAT). The objective of the meeting was to promote scientific and academic cooperation between institutions in Uruguay and Bavaria, as well as identify possibilities for economic cooperation. With this objective, BAYLAT invited representatives of the scientific and economic sector of the region and organized a visit to the Erlangen mayor’s office.
The work meeting was very useful as it offered new starting points for future work aimed at strengthening cooperation between Bavaria and the Latin American country, including the rapprochement between the Uruguayan embassy and the important representatives of the science and economy sector, present at the meeting.
The ambassador specified the relevance of science in the development of his agenda as a diplomat, which currently translates into the search to strengthen cooperation in this area between Bavaria and Uruguay.
|| Find this entry at BAYLAT’s website