The FAU DCN-AvH Chair for Dynamics, Control, Machine Learning and Numerics – Alexander von Humboldt Professorship at the Department of Mathematics at FAU, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg in Bavaria (Germany) is co-funded by the Alexander von Humboldt-Foundation (AvH) and led by Prof. Dr. Enrique Zuazua has a broad research interest.
The world as an accumulation of “shapes in motion”
Our Head Enrique Zuazua presents these “shapes in motion” that moves us. A video by Alexander von Humboldt Stiftung/Foundation.
Watch video on YouTube
With a wide expertise in the areas of Applied Mathematics, PDE analysis, control theory, numerical analysis and computational mathematics we are a growing group of scientists who enjoy interdisciplinary work!
Our team works actively in the broad area of Applied Mathematics and Machine Learning, developing and applying methods of Mathematical and Computational Mathematics to model, understand, design and control the dynamics of various phenomena arising in the interface of Mathematics with Engineering, Physics, Biology and Social Sciences.
Meet our team
We are working on the interfaces of different areas
- PDEs. Analysis of Partial Differential Equations (PDEs)
- MACHINE LEARNING. Development of rigorous control-inspired foundations of machine learning, plus applications to dynamics
- TURNPIKE. The emergence of turnpike phenomena in control problems over long-time horizons
- NUMERICAL AND OPTIMIZATION METHODS. Development and analysis of computational tools for dynamics, optimization and control
- BIOLOGY & SOCIAL SCIENCES. Control of diffusion models arising in Biology and Social Sciences
- TRAFFIC & ENERGY. Analysis of hyperbolic models arising in traffic flow and energy transport
- MATERIAL SCIENCES. Optimal design in Material Sciences
- DESIGN & CONTROL. Analysis of the interplay between discrete and continuous modelling in design and control
- IDENTIFICATION. Inversion and parameter identification
- MULTI-AGENT SYSTEMS. Modelling and control of multi-agent systems
- MICRO-MACRO. Analysis of micro-macro limit processes
Our Projects & Initiatives
Take a look what we are working on!
How our research collaborating with other institutions is taking Maths beyond
Cooperation / Partners
The development and management of the FAU DCN-AvH’s website is supported and powered by our Digital Communications & Web Specialist: Eng. Darlis Bracho Tudares
- FAU MoD – Research Center for Mathematics of Data
- UAM | University Autonomous of Madrid
- DeustoCCM | Chair of Computational Mathematics at University of Deusto (Spain)
Doing research within Innovation!
Enjoy with us doing an excitement Research at Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg:
One of the world’s most innovative university
Check our open calls